Friday, June 10, 2011

JAI#71...Just Add a Colour Challenge

TGIF!

Soooo happy to be having a long weekend. Gorgeous Kid and I are off to Sydney to make the most of the extra day off. We'll be taking in Luna Park and the Aquarium which should be lots of fun ... and rather tiring for mum is my guess!

Over at Just Add Ink this week the lovely Paula set us a Black and White only challenge. I love black and white, always striking and most often elegant too.

See that gorgeous flower? Recently both Nikki and Kathy have been making them. I couldn't resist trying one out myself (and in fact made several). I followed their links to Joanne Leddy and used her tutorial to make my own. The photo honestly does not do it justice. It's quite stunning irl...and you know I sprayed a liberal amount of Champagne Mist all over to give it a gorgeous sheen! It's my 'go to' product atm.

A pretty self explanatory card, however, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email.

Meantime head on over to JAI and check out all the Black and White goodness going on. Hope you join the challenge this week!

If you're lucky enough to be enjoying a long weekend, have fun!

A very special happy birthday wish to my dear friend Jayne today. Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Paula, I will have to check out how to make that flower. Enjoy Sydney, it's abit chilly up here.
    RAch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! I am so gonna check out that flower! Enjoy Sydney my friend - what a nice little get away for you and GK!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Patrice, this is stunning! So elegant, lovey. I love making those flowers, too (and lots of shimmery spritz never goes astray!). Have a great time in Sydney - it will probably be quite balmy compared to Canberra, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful flower Patrice. Your card is very elegant. Have a great time in Sydney! Rachel's right..it's been really chilly here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Patrice, love that flower and the DSP looks terrific on this card. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Champagne Mist is great - isn't it? Would love to see this irl cause it's just stunning. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very classy and elegant card. Must try a flower like that. Enjoy your time in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully stunning card in its simplicity and I love that elegant flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the simple , clean lines of your card Patrice, but then the flower just makes you go WOW!!! Have a great time in Sydney :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That flower is knock me down gorgeous!! The card showcases it beautifully. Ok I will so have to go check out how to do this!! May'be that can be my long weekend project. Have fun with GK in Sydney.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunningly elegant card Patrice, as usual you achieved this look to perfection..really beautiful.
    love that flower too!...:0)
    Have a great weekend in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo Sydney - how special!!!!
    Love this card - very very elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me go and buy that dsp because your card is so stunning Patrice :)
    Perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!