Friday, January 20, 2012

Just Add Ink #101...A Sketch Challenge

Good Friday morning lovely people ~

It's a beautiful day here in Canberra so I was up early and off for my walk. Came home and mowed the lawn, cut the edges and tidied things up before the real heat hits. Gorgeous Kid is off playing with some friends for a few hours and I've got some free time. Hmmmm I think I'll play in my craft room. I love Fridays.

Over at Just Add Ink this week we've got a gorgeous little sketch that beautiful Bron did for us before she left the team :o(

I pulled out my copics and tried my hand at colouring one of the gorgeous little Pure Innocence images. I do love her. I even did a little sponging, however, I'm still a bit heavy handed and not entirely happy with the outcome.


I have used Island Indigo as my base colour, with the matching dsp and ink. The little swirls are a SU Sizzlet Die - how did I live without them? They are the perfect little addition. I've given the whole card a quick spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist so irl it's a little sparkly.

Pop over to Just Add Ink and check out the design team inspiration this week. Hopefully you'll find some time to join our Challenge too.

Thanks for stopping by today, have a fabulous weekend!

10 comments:

  1. This just oozes cuteness. Love your colouring. Tania and I got a lesson the other day so I am itching to play with my Copics. Love the die cut, the flowers, the sewing ... everything really. This is one gorgeous card. Fabulous use of the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is beautiful Patrice, and your colouring is terrific, I won't even put my attempts with copics up, its disastrous at this point lol, that image is far too cute as well, love the large cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Patrice. I love Island Indigo and always forget to use it! Or maybe I'm just hoarding it? :) Those little flowers are so cute and look wonderful with those swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Patrice! You've done a fantastic job with the sponging!! In fact, that was one of the first things I noticed when I seen your card in the gallery LOL I love how you have coloured the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just so pretty Patrice.
    Your girl and cupcake are coloured beautifully. I love the way you've used the swirl too, I bought that and keep forgetting to try it. You've inspired me! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw your card in the Dashboard Reading List, I straight away thought "What a good idea to place image on a coloured background" then I realised you sponged the background - I really love that...don't think it's too "heavyhanded" at all. Love the image and love the prettiness of the roses! And I don't think I've ever made a card using Island Indigo - must do that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Patrice...the more i look the more little extra bits of detail I find. The blue colours just bring out the prettiness of the image even more. Can't imagine how much time this took you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card!!! You'll have to tell me how you did the blue background - it looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Patrice, the Island Indigo adds a dramatic touch. This is one of my favourite stamps and you have coloured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patrice! This is such an adorable card...love the colouring and composition - great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!