Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Addicted to Stamps - Colour Challenge #2 - Gold

Good morning & happy hump day ~

Well finally I got over my lurgy.  Eight long days of feeling crap...I didn't think I was ever going to feel good again.  I'm very happy to say that I now appreciate good health *wink*.

This week over at Addicted to Stamps we're having our second Colour Challenge - Gold.  It was a real challenge for me too because I'm not really a 'gold' person.  Although in saying that I wear gold jewellery over silver so go figure.  I just don't tend to craft with it very often.  Because of that I have next to NO gold in my stash other than embossing powder.

So...here it is.  I tried the same thing on Whisper White c/s but it didn't really look like much at all.  Here is the cute little Christmas tree from Season of Joy on a Basic Black c/s, with just a little bling added.The sentiment is from PTI.


Fairly CAS and it's not often you come across a black Christmas card is it?  I don't know if I'll actually end up posting this out to anyone - because it's black, but it met the challenge requirements at least *smile*.

Go over to ATS and check out the design team inspiration.  Hope you can join us this week with all your golden goodness!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I really do appreciate the time you take to visit and leave the lovely comments that you do.


15 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better P. How are the new wheels going??? Great card, nothing wrong with a black christmas card. Sets off the gold perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful, elegant card, love - don't let it go unloved! Nice job with the challenge. When I first started stamping, I'd gold-emboss everything in sight, but it's been a while since I had the gold embossing powder out. You've inspired me, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, the gold looks stunning against the stark black, very elegant. I am so glad you are feeling better, hugs Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY love the gold on black P! it's seriously a very stylish card!

    Luv k

    Ps - have any ghosts rung u today? Lol. How funny was that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If ur worried abt a black Chrissy card...just file it under "non traditional Chrissy card colours!!!" I think is is sweet actually. I am always impressed by anyone who wet embosses!!! I love the tree fm SOJ. (note to self...must give it an airing this year!!
    So glad ur over the lurgie....8 days is a mammoth effort....but yes...it makes you appreciate the better days. Take care hunni. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning patrice! I think it is really elegant so is perfect for christmas :) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why on earth wouldn't you send this out? It's a lovely stylish Christmas card! I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also agree that the black with the gold is stunning! Great job. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, especially with your trip coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are feeling better lovely one.xxx Your card is stunning, love the black & gold look...so very elegant! You can send it my way...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super stylish P! The gold embossing looks fabulous and I love those little touches of bling. Glad to know you have kept improving!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course you will send this out - it's FANTASTIC!! A perfect xmas card even tho it's not in traditional colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all I am glad to hear you're feeling better - 8 days can seem like a lifetime! Your card is gorgeous and I'm glad to see someone else has gone down the Christmas route!!! lol Don't care if it's not traditional colours (in fact I wanted to do my card in black but all I could find was black ribbed card in my stash which wouldn't work......)it looks lovely and I am sure it will be really appreciated by someone on your Christmas list.

      Karen x

      Delete
  12. Very classy card Patrice love those gold trees:) Glad you're back to rude health!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patrice,

    Very much love the gold embossing! It's striking on the black! I don't own much gold either...even jewelry. ;)

    Thanks for popping by my blog today and leaving a comment on my whale baby shower post. Always a pleasure to see a comment from you!

    Blessings to you and happy stamping, too!

    P.S. Glad to hear you're feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you can send it to me, Patrice! I think the black and gold is pure elegance and makes a wonderful Christmas card. I love the off-set tree and the single Noel. Just perfect!!

    Take care now and stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!