Friday, November 23, 2012

Just Add Ink#145 - Just Add a Sketch

Happy Friday friends ~

After a bit of a break I'm back!  I've missed my JAI friends, but life had gotten a tad too busy to fit it all in so I did what had to be done and here I am again a few months down the track.

Over at Just Add Ink this week Mae has given us a lovely sketch to work with.  As most of you know CAS is my preferred style of card so it wasn't difficult for me to add a couple of banners and a bit of bling and be done.


I've used the lovely new Cotton Ribbon (from the Holiday Catalogue) and stamped my sentiment directly on it in Midnight Muse ink.  How fabulous is that!  Punching two of the Elegant Butterflies and using a dimensional I've made a 3D embellishment that sparkles with Champagne Shimmer Mist up close.  So quick and simple if you need a stack of cards in a very short time.

Please do head over to JAI and check out all the gorgeous inspiration the design team has for you.  I hope to see your creation linked up too.

Other news - my wrist surgery went well yesterday as far as I can tell.  I'm very drowsy and sleeping a lot.  My wrist is tender and uncomfortable but the meds are keeping the stronger pain at bay thankfully.  It's awkward being all bandaged up and unable to use my dominant hand again.  Will see what news my follow-up appointment next Thursday brings.  I'll be going stir crazy by then that's for sure.


9 comments:

  1. So sweet patrice. I love the simplicity. I feel a CASE coming on if you don't mind? Would look lovely on my display board!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cool tones you've used on this card - great use of the sketch.
    YAY to have you back on the JAI Design Team :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. another lovely CAS card, you do them so well. Glad your surgery seems to have gone well, hopefully all good news with you on Thursday, will check back with you to see how you are, take care, and try not to go stir crazy lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. patrice this is just beautiful! i love the beautiful cas layout and blues. hope your surgery went ok and hopefully you aren't in pain for too much longer. take care of yourself sweetie! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still are the CAS queen my darling Patrice!!! I love this punch and what you have done with it is so simple yet so stunning!!! Love the stamped twill too. Hope your doing OK. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have you back Patrice! I'm loving the cleanness of this pretty card and how you stamped onto the ribbon - great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spy a butterfly ;) and some special touches like the stamped twill. I always love your CAS Patrice. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a beautiful card here Patrice so elegant and gorgeous colours. I had shoulder surgery a while back on right side and I know how difficult it is not having the use of your dominant hand, do hope you are not in too much pain.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!