Friday, March 28, 2014

Just Add Ink #208 - Just Add a Colour Combo

Good Friday morning lovely friends ~

I've got a super CAS (clean and simple) card to show you for the new Just Add Ink challenge.  Mae gave us a colour combo of Smoky Slate, Pacific Point and Calypso Coral this week.


I used my aqua painter to 'flick' ink across my background then I 'rolled' a couple of candles with some dsp scraps - love being able to use a few scraps up!  For the 'wicks' I added a little kitchen twine to the centres prior to gluing.

The rest of the design team have come up with some really cool projects using these colours - which kind of stumped me this week.  Head over to JAI and check out the inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I have a busy weekend ahead, hope yours is a good one!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Patrice a wonderful CAS card. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea. This is a very free form card for you - I like it, and your use of the tricky colours is perfect. Let me know whether you go down the path of the Thermomix. I only recently saw what it actually was - impressive, though I don't think I would get it past my husband as a do have a cupboard full of appliances that do exactly that. Am toying with the idea of making some bread, and a request from my daughter - ice cream (though that won't be cheaper to make than the commercial stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a super sweet card P! I love those fluffy wicks - and the ink splatter makes me think of confetti - perfect for the birthday theme. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrice how clever is this card? I love the candles and what a terrific way to add the colours with the flicks of ink. I was really challenged with the combo as well but you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So love this Patrice. So v v sorry I have been slack on the commenting of late, but know I am there cheerin' for you!!! ooxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!