Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Bokeh Colour Challenge - Just Add Ink #248

Surprise!

It's Tuesday and I'm blogging.  If I'm being honest I made this card for the current Just Add Ink colour challenge, however, being a total procrastinator when it comes to photographing my cards it sat on my desk for soooo long I didn't get it uploaded in time to publish with the rest of the design team - hopeless completely!  So here I am joining in the fun mid week.


So finally I tried the Bokeh technique, and while I can't say I'm thrilled with this card it was really fun and such a messy task lol.  I used a tutorial by Dawn O which is quite different to others I've seen aaaand I may have been a bit heavy handed with the white ink ooops :( 

A neat way of combining colours for this type of challenge though don't you think?  The colours are Rich Razzleberry, Not Quite Navy (I had to substitute with Night of Navy), Sahara Sand and Pool Party.  Head over to JAI for all the challenge details, link closes Wednesday night AEST.

I'll be back Friday with something else to share.  Until then, enjoy your week!


8 comments:

  1. Wow! Way to go, with those colours, P. I haven't yet tried this technique, but I love the saturation of white ink - I think it balances out the stronger colours perfectly. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,..You crack me up P..:0) I'm glad you at least shared it with us..It's great! l think you've aced this technique and it is such a cool way to use a colour challenge. xx Thanks for joining us this week...Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Patrice! This card is sooooo stunning - those challenge colours work so well with this technique! I haven't tried this technique yet myself - I'm always the last one to jump on techniques ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first attempt at bokeh went in the bin, but I'm LOVING yours, Patrice. Fab way to use the colours & love the finished card.
    Inky hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks stunning! The colours peeking out from behind those gorgeous white circles really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely captured the feeling of light reflection P, and I love how the contrast between the dark and light colours adds so much depth.It turned out great! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be thrilled with this card. And its gonna make me find out more about the technique too. It's really cool Patrice. Chantell x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trying to catch up on all my emails and just had to tell you how much I love this card. It really is stunning and certainly inspires me to give it a go (although I'm not sure where to start). The colours look so good together with this design, I'm so pinning this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!