Friday, March 6, 2015

Just Add Ink #253 - Just Add Inspiration

Good Friday morning ~

It's time for a brand new challenge over at Just Add Ink and this week Nikki has given us a pretty funky inspiration pic to work with.  Here I am playing with tilted panels again lol.


I popped my Basic Black card base through the Big Shot using the Large Polka Dot embossing folder before spritzing with a little Smooch for shimmer.  The added panels are Smoky Slate and Whisper White.  I had wanted to use Melon Mambo ink on my accents, but had to go with Strawberry Slush instead as my MM ink pad was playing silly games and not inking nicely.  Have since rectified that with a brand new one!

If you'd like to play along with our challenge this week, below is the inspiration pic for you.  Choose whichever elements inspire you - it could be colours, butterflies, pom poms, water....you name it, whatever you see in the pic. Head over to JAI and check out the design team projects for other ideas. There are some pretty fabulous creations this week, and I so love how we each come up with quite different designs and ideas using the same starting point.


Righto well I have a busy day ahead, and I'm off to Dendy Premium tonight for a luxurious movie experience.  Love that place, and love the menu/service more!

Hope you've all got an awesome weekend planned!  Thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

  1. Your big layered blossom is just gorgeous P and has so much impact against the black mat! It really captures 'happy'! Hope you enjoy the movie - nice way to start the weekend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Patrice! The neutrals make a perfect backdrop for the bright pops of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card this week Patrice, that big blossom is gorgeous! Hope you had a great time at the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful time at the movies, sounds very luxurious!! I love the inspiration photo this week, very tempted to submit a card.... Your's is so gorgeous and I'm in love with that big flower, that pink really pops against the white and black. Just finished my card thats due this Wednesday. I struggled a bit as they are colours I would never use but really happy with how it turned out. Good to try something different!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Patrice! Love your full layered blossom - looks fantastic against the the black and the white backgrounds. Hope you enjoyed the movies x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bold and beautiful P...Love the design and your gorgeous bloom. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!